general say hello thread for new people

Just a general thread for people to say hello when they join, we seem to have a few users registered whos names I recognize that have not said anything yet, thought this might help.

Comments

• Hello,

There I said it.
  • 'sup?
  • The general says hello. Is that OK?
  • You will be assimilated.
  • uh hi.
  • resistance is futile?
  • They are all after me lucky charms!
  • Hello! Great initiative. Came here from LES :)
  • Yeah, yeah, I gave in and joined...
  • edited February 15
    Lee wrote: »
    Yeah, yeah, I gave in and joined...

Much bits! there for sure is not about 200GB of retro stuff on a server for nostalgia purposes, links on the right hand side.
    Bits from 1Lee
  • Here from LET (Have lurked a couple of times, decided to set an account up).

Been playing games since the ZX Spectrum 16k (anyone play Hungry Horace or Horace Goes Skiing?). Gone from Spectrum 16k to 48k to +3, Amiga 500+ and then to PC. Never had a console growing up.
  • You all will be assimilated!
  • edited February 17
    Cheerio guys! :)
    I am 44 years old and spent my youth in front of 8bit/16bit computers, was part of the AMiGA demo scene and am playing Zelda on my SNES emulator for OSX right now. I hope that I qualify to be part of this community!

Kind regards
    Amitz
  • edited February 18
    @Amitz

I run emulators on my PC all the tine and they're no where near the experience you'd get on an actual console.

I still have my old NES system and it works - one of the gems I won't be tossing out in the near future.

Nevertheless, it's great to see you here. Welcome aboard!
  • I run emulators on my PC all the tine and they're no where near the experience you'd get on an actual console.

Of course you're right, but it doesn't really matter - some folks don't have the time, space or money to go out and get the real thing after all - as long as you're enjoying yourself, that's what counts!

• @BarryHercules

If the money is there, I still prefer to obtain my games legally.

Once your code is plagiarized a few times, you'll know why I feel this way.
  • @FlamesRunner sure, I agree where the money is actually going to the developers/license holders - that’s why I rebuy and double-dip so much stuff when it’s re-released on modern systems.

In the case of the vast majority of the systems and games, that’s not really a concern anymore, so it’s not really so black and white.
    Bits from 1FlamesRunner
  • Hey all,

Came in from LET.

I can't recall game titles from those days but all I can remember it was good times.

Win 3.1... Pure nostalgia!
  • mbk wrote: »
    Win 3.1... Pure nostalgia!

Skifree?