Currently Playing

This is a thread to talk about the games you’re currently playing, whether its retro, current-gen or even something on the phone/tablet!
Tagged:

Comments

• So right now, I’m playing:
    • Fire Emblem Heroes (Switch)
    • 2020 Super Baseball (Switch NeoGeo Classics)
    • Zero Gunner 2 (Switch)
    • AKA to Blue (iOS)
  • Pokemon Yellow and Megaman X
  • WSSWSS
    edited February 12
    Snafu

The music that starts at 4:29 will always be my jam.
    • Horizon: zero dawn
    • Final Fantasy X
    • Stellaris
    • Eurotruck Simulator 2
    • Farming Sim '15

I wanna get back into Kerbal Space Program, and want to play some old sierra / lucasart games. Maybe the Dig? Ow, Full Throttle maybe!
  • I am still trying to get setup to actually do some playing of old games, I keep going through phases, I just have less time than i think I guess, my days are separated in to 5 - 10 minute blocks of Nothing, busy, very busy which makes getting anything outside of my work done pretty hard.

But honestly right now the only thing I am finding time for is the odd game of overwatch.
  • Honestly, the greatest thing to happen to retro gaming for busy people is the switch. Loads of retro games available and with the Switch’s sleep/resume you can play for a couple of minutes, put it down then pickup right where you left off.
  • ..who here owns a videogame newer than 20 years old?

I have a Wii, but I won it in an auction and it came with a stack of Gamecube CDs.
  • WSS wrote: »
    ..who here owns a videogame newer than 20 years old?

I have a Wii, but I won it in an auction and it came with a stack of Gamecube CDs.

I have received two xbox ones over the last few years. They get used frequently by the kids and wife. I play sometimes... Mostly play on my PC. If I'm playing anything that is..

I'm trying to play Monster Hunter World right now, but we shall see. Got a 3ds also because why the hell not, mod it and go nuts. I'm playing mario on it, sometimes.
  • Diablo III
    Dead Island II
    Double Dragon Neon
    Call of Duty Ghosts
    Rick and Morty on my phone.

I own too many consoles, and games.
  • AuroraZ wrote: »
    Diablo III
    Dead Island II
    Double Dragon Neon
    Call of Duty Ghosts
    Rick and Morty on my phone.

Sound like me..

Missed some of the games I'm currently trying to finish / play again.

The Division
    FFXV
    The Witcher 3
    Fable III
    Blood Bowl 2
  • AuroraZ wrote: »
    Double Dragon Neon

Double Dragon Neon is mint. The soundtrack is fantastic.

AuroraZ wrote: »

Give us some highlights!
  • Starting with an original 2600 atari. Colecovision, odysey, nes, snes, gamecube, playstations 1, 2, 3. Xbox, xbox 360.

I have 6 playstion 2, 4 of the fat ones and 2 second gens, 3 playstation 3s, and 4 360s.

Too many damned consoles.
  • ..and still no Stinkpad, nor Charger. Come fly over and take both home!
  • Wish I had the time, but it's actually thawing out here. Time to get some shit done around here.

The weather has been an odd one this year.
  • Well I just ran up double dragon on the c64... HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!! that is a TERRIBLE port, wow.
  • If you're interested in ports on the c64: collegue of mine ported Prince of Persia to it; made a very cool (supertechy) blog series about it here.
  • Backtogeek wrote: »
    Well I just ran up double dragon on the c64... HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!! that is a TERRIBLE port, wow.

If you think that’s bad, take a look at the Atari 2600 version....
  • They atari one is awful really, but I still will play it.
  • Speaking of awful versions of great games, I’ve been reading the reviews of the Secret of Mana HD on PS4/Vita.... looks like a real piece of shit. I’m glad, playing it would have felt like cheating.

In better news, the Switch got a digital-only port of Psyiko’s awesome 1993 arcade shooter Samurai Aces/Sengoku Ace yesterday, so I’ll be grabbing that tonight!
  • I got through fits and starts. Haven't played much of anything these last two months, but I have a ton of games in various states and a massive backlog.

Currently playing: Divinity Original Sin 2 with my kids (2 games), about 130 hours into The Witcher 3, Elite Dangerous, Cities Skylines, Max Payne, Red Dead Redemption, Uncharted, Lego Dimensions, F.E.A.R.
  • So, morning routine, early rise, coffee and a quick play of something spectrum before I get started. Today was.

cy1f726ftrj5.png

And

6a3t5jqfxxda.png

Bits from 1Amitz
  • Ever play this @Lee ?

SkoolDaze.png

IIRC the spectrum had a follow up version where you could sneak off to the girls school haha.
  • God yes, can't recall playing the follow up. But do remember getting annoyed not being in class at the right time and the teacher coming after you :)
  • Anyone remember this? still play it now and again. Doing a pit stop quickly was a challenge.

m0mtu2kigrlz.jpg
    f1.jpg 24.8K
  • Lee wrote: »
    God yes, can't recall playing the follow up. But do remember getting annoyed not being in class at the right time and the teacher coming after you :)

There was a PC remake ages ago called Klass of 99, well worth a shot :)

http://retrospec.sgn.net/game-links.php?link=ko99
  • Retrospec have some good remakes, I have knight lore from there.
  • edited February 19
    I'm playing a few games:

- Fire Emblem Heroes (Android, recently got started)

- Legend Of Zelda Twilight Princess (Emulated game on PC, tossed my Wii out)

- Soul Knight (Android)

That's about it, honestly. I don't play all that often anyway.

I still have a 2DS lying around, any suggestions for some games I can toss on it?

---

@phil

Breaking into the firmware is futile - recent software updates have made this difficult if not impossible.

@BarryHercules

Did ya mean Fire Emblem Warriors? Haven't heard of it on the Switch.