First game you ever finished?

Back in the day, games were hard. They were often deliberately designed to be tough and many had no means of saving progress, so you had to blast through them in one sitting. It felt like a real achievement, unlike the games of today that are often treated more as ‘experiences’ and are designed to be finished without ever really testing the player’s limits.

What was the first game you ever finished?

Comments

• WSSWSS
    edited April 7
    Excepting the Atari 2600 (plenty of games there that just loop, and a few like Adventure that have a handful of screens, then end), which would be Enduro (I think), it's probably Intellivision Advanced Dungeons and Dragons.

E: Now that I think about it.. It may have been the Commodore vic-20 cartridge version of Defender.

Then, Super Mario 2.
    Bits from 1BarryHercules
  • I can't remember which I completed first, it was either Pitfall 2 on the Atari 2600 or Ghostbusters on the Amstrad CPC 464.
  • I don't recall what I finished first that was too many years ago. I remember getting to level 99 on Nintendo original Final Fantasy at which point it just looped. All the old games I used to play just looped forever. I don't think that counts as beating them.
  • AuroraZ wrote: »
    I don't recall what I finished first that was too many years ago. I remember getting to level 99 on Nintendo original Final Fantasy at which point it just looped. All the old games I used to play just looped forever. I don't think that counts as beating them.

..and yet you beat your meat and that just loops forever.
  • WSS wrote: »
    AuroraZ wrote: »
    I don't recall what I finished first that was too many years ago. I remember getting to level 99 on Nintendo original Final Fantasy at which point it just looped. All the old games I used to play just looped forever. I don't think that counts as beating them.

..and yet you beat your meat and that just loops forever.

Yeah and your point is what? Least lefty still loves me even if you guys don't.
  • First game I ever finished I think (memory getting bad now) was forbidden Forrest on the c64
  • Super Mario World.
  • Final Fantasy 5.